Wow..five years have already passed since my total knee replacement surgery. As the saying goes..”where’s the time gone?” Anyways, it’s time for a tkr update. Thanks for reminding me of this. I am a success story for a tkr, and grateful for it.
* Nothing much has changed since my last update, actually. I am in good health except for my bionic knee.
* My knee still swells up when I overdo it. Sometimes it hurts, other times it does not.
* I can kneel, but not with as much flexibility as my “healthy” knee. That’s no big deal since I couldn’t really do that prior to my tkr surgery.
* I can walk without pain. That’s a crucial improvement, when compared to before surgery.
* I still am not on any medications. Considering my age, and the feedback from heavily prescribed friends, I am very proud of that fact.
* Sleeping is no problem at all. How grateful am I for that?! 🙂
* Flexibility is around 93. That’s what it was prior to my tkr. Once again…no biggie. I would absolutely not have a manipulation done. Never even considered it. If someone else wants to do it, that’s their business.
* Sitting is fine as long as I take periodic breaks and stretch. That’s the same for any healthy person, though.
* Exercising daily is crucial for everything, including keeping the tkr operating well. I regularly engage in swimming, stationary bicycling, walking and stretching.
* My body is properly nourished, which plays a huge role in keeping everything operating well. I eat minimal processed foods and concentrate on getting plenty of nutritious, whole foods in my system.
* I maintain an ideal weight that is “weight-height proportionate” to reduce impact on my joints. That’s easily done with exercise and eating properly.
That’s about it for now. How’s your post-tkr update going?
Find interesting? Kindly share…