Hi everyone! Having a strong back is crucial for supporting the musculoskeletal system and overall bodily operations. There are so many health benefits achieved, I believe it is worthy to discuss the matter in detail. So…here goes….
* Improved posture. Strong back muscles keep the back and body better aligned. Poor posture is a leading cause of many health ailments. With so many people being tied to computers, smart phones, or other hand-held devices today, this is especially troublesome.
Poor posture misaligns your internal organs. This can hinder circulation to all body parts. Energy blocks cause all types of negative medical ailments including pinched nerves, blood clots, breathing difficulties, and swollen extremities.
Poor posture can cause disk damage and other spinal deformities. Vision can suffer. Negative effects can show up immediately, or develop over time. Either way, your overall functioning will begin to suffer.
* Better body balance. You will lose your balance more easily when your spine is not properly aligned. This leads to increased risks of falling, tripping, sliding, or other similar movements.
* Decreased back pain. Back pain is a common complaint among patients seeking orthopedic or chiropractic assistance. Keeping your back strong and supple lowers your risks of experiencing all pain levels.
* More energy. All people, especially tkr patients, know the importance of having enough energy to perform daily and/or work activities. Strong muscles that support a health spine improve energy. When your body is aligned as intended, it works at optimum levels. Like it was intended.
* Decreased reliance of pain medications. Most people experiencing any level of back pain usually ask the doctor for a pain medication. Keeping your back muscles strong, properly aligned, and healthy will reduce this need.
* Lowers chances of muscle strain. All of your body’s muscles are interrelated in some manner. Strains can occur in any muscle. All levels can lay you up for various time periods.
More insight: http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/back-pain
So…. how can you easily achieve a stronger back? Swim. You will be strengthening and flexing your entire musculoskeletal system without even realizing it. There is zero pain due to the water supporting the majority of your body weight. There is minimal joint impact for this reason, also.
I have been swimming for years and notice a distinct improvement in my back muscle definition. It is easier to notice when my posture is slumping, or not up to par. And…my clothes fit better. What more can I ask for?
Start swimming today for improved back health and share your experiences here. We would love to hear how from you. 🙂
Do you find this interesting? Kindly share. Thanks!
AUTHOR NOTE: Booktoots’ Healing helps total knee replacement patients find support throughout recuperation and beyond. Its mission is for patients to understand they are not alone in their ordeal with either a tkr or other physicality concerns. The site is owned and operated by Marie Buckner, a published author and tkr patient who has been living with various physicalities for over 30+ years. She enjoys sharing her experiences to help others going through the same thing.