In addition to providing stretching of the leg muscles, ankle weights serve other purposes while recuperating from a total knee replacement.Â Even though one can achieve a great workout by using a leg extension machine, this exercise can be done at home for dirt cheap.
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown of utilizing this muscle strengthening exercise:
- Simply find an ankle weight of your desired weight
- Wrap it around the ankle of the affected tkr leg
- Sit on a chair
- Lift your ankle until the leg is straight.
- Do 10 repetitions, 3 times
- Do throughout day for extra strengthening..
It’s the same procedure used during the machinery process.Â And, ankle weights can be used over and over without paying extra. 🙂
This exercise strengthens the muscles surrounding and supporting your knee.Â It has worked great for me. 🙂 It may work equally as well for you. Of course, check with your medical care provider first.
Find interesting? Kindly share…