In addition to providing stretching of the leg muscles, ankle weights serve other purposes while recuperating from a total knee replacement. Even though one can achieve a great workout by using a leg extension machine, this exercise can be done at home for dirt cheap.
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown of utilizing this muscle strengthening exercise:
- Simply find an ankle weight of your desired weight
- Wrap it around the ankle of the affected tkr leg
- Sit on a chair
- Lift your ankle until the leg is straight.
- Do 10 repetitions, 3 times
- Do throughout day for extra strengthening..
It’s the same procedure used during the machinery process. And, ankle weights can be used over and over without paying extra.
This exercise strengthens the muscles surrounding and supporting your knee. It has worked great for me. It may work equally as well for you. Of course, check with your medical care provider first.
Find interesting? Kindly share…