Since hearing from numerous readers about being scared of a total knee replacement, I thought it would be appropriate to reprint a prior post. Here it is…
Don’t be. It’s only natural to be anxious about a major surgery, but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.Â Here are a few items that I, personally, have to say about having the surgery:
- I don’t need to carry around crutches while fearing my knee will painfully ‘lock up’.Â I did that for 8 months.
- I can walk more than a few feet without experiencing any knee joint pain.
- I can do aerobic exercises without having any knee pain.
- I can engage in daily activities without wondering what my knee will do.
- I can walk upstairs without any knee pain.
- I am not bowlegged anymore.Â The surgery realigned my leg.
- I am stretching and using leg muscles I had not used in 30 years due to my trauma injury.
- I know that the pain of recuperation is temporary (has been almost 5 months already).
- I have the highest praise to say about the surgery process and the team that worked on me.
- Modern medical technology is truly remarkable.
- The surgery itself is the easiest part.Â Recuperation is the hardest.
Hope this helps all who are contemplating having a total knee replacement done.
Find interesting? Kindly share..