Hi everyone. We all know the importance of using natural solutions for combating a number of concerns. Well, baking soda to the rescue! It has been around for longer than most of us have been alive. Since many of you have asked for an updated version of a previous post…your wish is my command! Enjoy…Stay safe and healthy during our COVID-19 times.
Here are some all-natural remedies to start using this time-tested, versatile and economical wonder:
Fluffier towels: Sprinkle some over your towels prior to washing.
* Place a couple teaspoons of baking soda into a small container.
* Add enough water to make a smooth paste.
* Dip a clean cloth into the paste.
* Gently start using a circular motion to apply the paste.
* Let the paste dry.
* Polish (remove) with a clean, dry cloth.
* Instant shine without any chemicals!
Warm weather brings with it a slew of insects. Insect bites can happen before you even realize it. Did you know that baking soda is an ideal product to reduce swelling, itchiness, and redness? It is extremely low cost, odorless, and easy to use.
Here’s what you do…
*Get a small container
*Put in about a teaspoon of baking soda.
*Add a small amount of water.
*Mix thoroughly until you get a thick paste consistency.
*Spread on the insect bite.
*Be sure to thoroughly cover the bite.
*Let dry for a few minutes.
*Put a bandaid on if you are planning on wearing clothing.
Store any leftover paste in an airtight container for future use.
I find this solution particularly beneficial since getting bit by a mosquito on my tkr leg. The itching was unbearable. This remedy was remarkably quick and convenient.
Coffee Pot or Carafe Internal Cleaning
* Handle those hard-to-clean carafes by sprinkling 1-2 teaspoons baking soda into them.
* Add enough water to fill the entire carafe
* Let sit for about 10 minutes
* Lightly swirl the water around for a few seconds.
* Pour out cleaning solution
* Rinse container thoroughly with water
* Dry thoroughly
All Types of Odors
Baking soda is a wonderful, odor-free odor killer.
* Lightly sprinkle some over your garbage bag.
* Put an open container into the back corner of your refrigerator. It keeps your refrigerator fresh smelling.
* Sprinkle some baking soda into your shoes to help remove moisture and odor.
Shake out any excess prior to wearing.
* Have your laundry smelling like new by sprinkling some baking soda on top of the clothes prior to starting the wash cycle.
Teeth Whitener and/or Toothpaste
Forgot those expensive, chemically-enhanced dental whitening/cleaning agents. Baking soda has been used for these purposes since grandmother’s day.
* Mix some baking soda with a small amount of water to form a paste.
* Wet your toothbrush.
* Dip your toothbrush into the paste.
* Gently start brushing your teeth.
* Rinse your mouth and brush when done.
* Store any excess paste in an airtight container for next time.
* NOTE: This also works well for dentures.
These are just some suggestions I have used and found very helpful. They will save you tons of money at the store. Plus, they do not harm the atmosphere or your health.
Find this tkr blog post about baking soda remedies to the rescue interesting? Kindly share…
AUTHOR NOTE: Booktoots’ Healing helps total knee replacement patients find support throughout recuperation and beyond. Its mission is for patients to understand they are not alone in their ordeal with either a tkr or other physicality concerns.
The award-winning tkr blogger site is owned and operated by Marie Buckner. She is a published author, tkr blogger, and tkr patient who has been living with various health conditions for over 40+ years. She enjoys sharing her experiences to help others going through the same thing.
Marie is also a proud WEGO Health Patient Leader.