Hi everyone. Usually, it is easy to back out of exercising. Many people continually make excuses about why they don’t exercise. However, I want to share some great ways on how to find motivation to exercise after a tkr. Read on…
Be diligent in doing your exercises while recuperating from your total knee replacement and you will get excited about what used to be difficult when moving your body. Why? You will reap your rewards. Here’s my take on the issue….
* You will love how thrilling it is to be able to walk without pain.
* It is great to have what is known as a ‘normal’ walking gait without walking aides.
* It is fantastic to be able to walk fast enough to get out of breath and work up a sweat. (To some this would be “speed walking”. I like to think of it as walking faster than I did prior to my tkr.)
* It is wonderful to be able to walk trails, take in the scenery, and smell the air without feeling any joint pain.
* It is a nice feeling knowing that you are getting the most out of your total knee replacement surgery.
* It is so welcoming to have clothes fit better. I know, in my case, there were times when my dryer shrunk too many clothes. 😕
All of these combine to provide motivation in staying with, or starting, an exercise program.
Hope this helps you get motivated to exercise after your tkr (or any time, for that matter).
Always remember to be grateful you can walk.
Find interesting? Kindly share…
AUTHOR NOTE: Booktoots’ Healing helps total knee replacement patients find support throughout recuperation and beyond. Its mission is for patients to understand they are not alone in their ordeal with either a tkr or other physicality concerns.
This site is owned and operated by Marie Buckner, a published author and tkr patient who has been living with various physicalities for over 40+ years. She enjoys sharing her experiences to help others going through the same thing.