Hi everyone. Since hearing from numerous readers about being scared of a total knee replacement, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss some personal insight. Here it is…
Don’t be. It’s only natural to be anxious about a major surgery, but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Here are a few items that I, personally, have to say about having the surgery:
- I don’t need to carry around crutches while fearing my knee will painfully ‘lock up’. I did that for 8 months. That is a huge relief.
- I can walk more than a few feet without experiencing any knee joint pain.
- I can do aerobic exercises without having any knee pain.
- I can engage in daily activities without wondering what my knee will do.
- I can walk upstairs without any knee pain. It ain’t pretty, but stairs are doable.
- I am not bowlegged anymore. The surgery realigned my leg.
- I am stretching and using leg muscles I had not used in 30 years due to my trauma injury.
- I know that the pain of recuperation is temporary (has been almost 5 months already).
- I have the highest praise to say about the surgery process and the team that worked on me. I hope this tkr blog has you realizing that.
- Modern medical technology is truly remarkable regarding this knee surgery.
- The surgery itself is the easiest part. Recuperation is the hardest.
Hope this helps all who are scared of a total knee replacement and contemplating having this knee surgery done.
Find interesting? Kindly share..